Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Timing your Marketing

Timing is a main factor in getting your audiences attention. When you are on a road trip you pass how many billboards on the way but when you are hungry all of the sudden you are looking at them trying to figure out what to eat. Or maybe you just moved (as I recently did) and you are looking for furniture or a mattress or a kitchen table, all of the sudden that "junk" mail from the furniture store is looking pretty good! It's all about timing.

Below is a link to a great article from the What They Think e-mail last week that I finally got a chance to read and I'm glad I saved it!
Pulling The Trigger: http://whattheythink.com/articles/article.cfm?id=47402#

Along these same lines I have a great case study that I pass out to my clients and prospective clients that deals with a hospital and sending out direct mail to people who have just moved to the area so in the event that they need medical attention they are more likely to go to that hospital over another one they have never heard of. Genius!  E-mail me if you want a copy from PODI. sarahk@hbp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment