Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

QR codes for Let's Eat Out Menus!

I met a great friend for life while I was at Clemson University and her name is Monica VanCleve. She started Let's Eat Out Menus (http://letseatoutmenu.com/) right out of college and is now growing her business in Texas with interest from several other people in other states across the US. Let's Eat Out Menus provides readers with full menus from local restaurants so readers can make informed decisions on where to eat! (Don't you wish you had thought of that!) http://epaperflip.com/aglaia/viewer.aspx?docid=399983f9b52647d5a8ca248912dbc045- ebook.

Long story short... she needed a way to track how many people view each page in her publication and provide the restaurant clients with up to date data that they can use to alter specials, marketing tactics and increase their business. I was talking with Monica last week and I told her about QR codes. She knew what they were, but then I talked with her about putting them on her restaurant pages. The codes could link to a mobile page personalized to each restaurant and then the viewer can choose to view the menu or specials. And then the kicker! Tracking all of the views so each restaurant can see how many people viewed their page, looked at the specials etc. Finally a way to measure responses. Isn't print grand!

More to come on this. We are in the pricing stage of this project, but Monica is very excited and is already marketing the tracking features. Great idea for any company looking to track the seemingly "untrackable"

Have a good one!!
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. I own a restaurant..........SIGN ME UP! What a great way to reach my customers in realtime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello restaurant owner. I'd be happy to talk with you about your options. Feel free to e-mail me at sarahk@hbp.com

    Thanks!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...to say I am very excited is an understatement!
    QR codes and technology of the like is the future of print.
    Mark my words.

    Great post and can't wait to update everyone on the results!

    ReplyDelete