Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Chocolate or Vanilla? Online or Offline? Start thinking BOTH not OR

LOVE this article so I'm choosing to post it here in the hopes that you will enjoy it too. It reiterates the importance of multichannel marketing and you guessed it!- Print is not dead!!! I'm not sure why I enjoy the topics of print remaining king of the hill and young adults responding better to printed materials, but perhaps it's my rebellious nature or my need to jump off the wagon instead of on it. Either way it appears I'm not alone in my beliefs, so read on and enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!

http://blogs.forbes.com/lisaarthur/2010/09/08/chocolate-vanilla-or-swirl-the-debate-between-online-and-offline-marketing/

Cone pic courtesy of Wikipedia.

1 comment:

  1. Here is my little take on the web "taking over" an industry that helped America conquer the world.

    Printing won't die because believe it or not people are not on their mobile "web" devices 24/7 like some assume. When you're driving and see five billboards with your favorite type of food on them and feel the need to stop off at the nearest exit to get some, you were seduced by print advertising. The last time I bought a lottery ticket filled with empty hopes, wishes, and dreams it was the bus that showed a 74 million dollar jack pot that sold me on it.

    I am not in the print industry but I do have a solid realizations that the industry of printing sold the Gold rush, helped America win wars, and helped build a global economy. The printing market will not submit to anything in the near time or future because everyon will not submit to the world wide web.

    ReplyDelete