Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Young Adults Prefer Offline Marketing

Courtesy of Print in the Mix: http://printinthemix.rit.edu/uploads/File/newsletters/PIM_Fall%202010.pdf  Proof of my theory!  :)

Like I've been saying for months now- I don't like reading online, I can't stand having to worry about electronic devices in my purse getting broken, and I enjoy being able to make notes with a PEN or PENCIL right on the page!!! Many poeple think that because younger generations understand and quickly adapt to new technology that we automatically switch to online everything. Well that's not the case and I challenge you to survey how many people on the subway, metro, bus or my favorite, the airplane, are under the age of 30 and using an iPad or Nook or some other e-reader. I bet you will find that most people using them are actually around 40-60. I bet most people under the age of 30 have a magazine, book or catalog in tow when traveling. Please post your comments below. I'm interested to hear your feedback!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I find myself actually depending on old school paper and pencil more than the newer devices. I like hand notes and my desk looks like it could be a commercial for post it notes. I use those instead of calendar reminders on my computer because I find it easier and more reliable.

    For now, I'll stick with my old ways although I'm only 27 because I feel that books will always out last computers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Here's a link to a study that supports exactly what you're saying-Direct Mail Beating E-mail for Young Adults: http://bit.ly/dkM2Oo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris and Blase! Great info and I love the DirectMailMan.com. What a great resource!

    ReplyDelete