Search This Blog

Friday, October 15, 2010

StickyDrive

Any idea what I'm talking about? No it's not a flash drive that you spilled coffee on! I was recently introduced to Sticky Drives and I'm immediately thinking  how does this work? What does it do? How does it do that? And most importantly WHO is going to use this? Can I interest a customer in such a product? Will this be the new way to keep in touch with your members or clients? Lots of questions, but let's start off with the facts courtesy of stickydrive.com.
  • StickyDrive is a customized, branded interface -- it allows you to advertise your company, products, brand, and proprietary information.
  • StickyDrive is an ongoing medium for communication. You can remotely update and change the interface design, the video or other content seen inside the interface, and even change the documents that are loaded inside the drive.
  • You can receive tracking reports that deliver data on the frequency and types of use, including # of times the drive is used, documents launched from the drive, website click-through activity, etc.
  • Any content that is viewable on the Internet can be delivered through stickydrive. (Video, Slideshow, Flash presentation, animation, PowerPoint, etc.)
  • The functions available through stickydrive (music player, photo viewers, etc.) make this a valuable tool for the end user. Their entire experience remains branded, even when the drive is used for personal activities.
Pretty cool concept right? I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how to market this type of product to my clients, and well figuring out pricing as well, because today most people for some reason want to know how much something will cost them. Weird isn't it, I guess they have something called a budget?? Just kidding! I get it people you see cool things, but it's only cool if you can actually afford it. Hopefully more to come on this front.

Could you see a use for stickydrives in your company??

Happy Friday Everyone!

    2 comments:

    1. Hi Sarah,
      We're honored of your mention to our technology! Indeed StickyDrive has served the needs of hundreds of corporate customers - and shipped on millions of USB devices.

      We'd be happy to help you learn more, and show you how it can work for your customers!

      Brian Johnson
      President, StickyDrive LLC

      ReplyDelete
    2. Hi Brian,

      That sounds great! I just learned of your company a few weeks ago, but I think the technology sounds amazing. I'd love to learn more about how I can use the stickydrive technology to help my clients. I work with a lot of non-profits, associations, corporations and some tech companies. I was thinking events, meeting conferences would be an opportunity to keep everyone informed up until the event. What do you think? Please feel free to send me some information at sarahk@hbp.com.

      Thanks again!
      Sarah

      ReplyDelete